Maple Syrup Nutrion
- Maple syrup contains up to 24 antioxidants. Antioxidants are beneficial for reducing damage done by free radicals, such as inflammation and chronic disease.
- Maple syrup contains fairly large amounts of Zinc and Manganese. Zinc helps you fight illness and strengthens your immune system. Manganese plays a crucial role in your metabolism, calcium absorption, blood sugar regulation, and brain/nerve function.
- Maple sugar has a lower score on the Glycemic Index than refined sugar.
- Maple Sugar fights inflammatory diseases, such as arthritis, IBS, and heart disease. It also can reduce aging and strengthen your immune system by reducing oxidative stress.
- Maple syrup is a great sweetener alternative. It's free from chemicals, and only 3/4 cup of maple sugar is needed for every 1 cup of sugar a recipe calls for. This means you use less sweetener overall.